I want to thank a talented young woman who writes the blog Its My Life http://kelseyrexroad8494.wordpress.com for nominating me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. If you are a young woman who likes fashion and makeup you must check out her blog. She will provide you with tips and reviews that are perfect for the up and coming fashionista. I was one of 4 nominees and I can’t thank her enough for her kind comments. This is what she said: This is not a beauty blog, but I love seeing the pictures that are constantly being posted, they are beautiful. I love photography, so this blog is one of my faves, I promise you won’t be disappointed.
So glad you like them! The photos are my favorite part too. 🙂
Now for the rules:
- Thank and link the amazing person who nominated you
- List the rules and display the award
- Share seven facts about yourself
- Nominate fifteen other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated
- Optional: Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you
Let’s see, 7 facts about myself????
- I’m more than a cat lover. I love all animals.
- I believe life is an adventure so the rough spots along the way are there to give you a challenge and make you stronger to enjoy the good times.
- I love to travel. Although I am trying to visit all 50 states I also want to go to Costa Rica, Galapagos, Australia, Africa and Egypt. (And that’s just for starters.)
- This blog started out as a travel blog but has evolved to so much more.
- The blogging experience has introduced me to so many wonderful people (virtually) and enriched my life. (This is a totally unexpected benefit)
- I am blessed with 2 brothers, a sister and my mother for family. (And more nieces, nephews, great nieces and nephews and extended family)
- Growing up in the Adirondacks my family said we weren’t “hillbillies’ , we were “ridgerunners”
The hardest part of these awards are the nominations. I work full time , write this blog, manage dustyroadsphotos.com and dustyroadsphotos.zenfolio.com and dustyroadsphotos.etsy.com . So that doesn’t leave a great deal of time to explore other blogs. Many of the blogs I do follow are photography blogs. But so much for excuses. I won’t have 15 blogs but the ones I will recommend are wonderful and I promise you won’t be disappointed.
My nominees for the Most Inspiring Blogger Award are as follows:
- Learn More every Day written by my virtual friend Patty. Patty shares photos, travels and the highs and lows of life. She has overcome sadness and moved forward with grace and strength. She is an inspiration so this award seems a perfect fit. http://learnmoreeveryday.wordpress.com/2014/05/27/every-city-usa
- One of the first blogs I followed and one of my first supporters who has stood by me through thick and thin is Homestead Ramblings. http://homesteadramblings.wordpress.com/2014/05/27/ezra-meeker-and-the-oregon-trail . Her posts are full of history, family, pictures, foster pets, biblical insights. Her stories often have a moral and are often presented with gentle humor.
- A Budding Photographer who works really hard at his craft is my friend JR. He has shown up in some of my posts. He has a blog too, a photography blog. You should check out his work. http://www.jrstjeanphotography.com
- Another Photographer’s blog that I enjoy not just for his fabulous nature photos but also because of the witty stories he tells about each picture is http://phillanoue.com.
- Places Unknown is another photography blog. The owner travels often and takes wonderful travel photography. He even has a Mystery Location on Fridays. Fun! http://placesunknown.com
- Do you like ruins, vampires, the Emerald Isle and all things Celtic? Then you will love the ruin hunter, Ed Mooney’s photo blog http://edmooneyphoto.wordpress.com
- And last but not least is a blog about one of my favorite states, Maine. http://mainerchick.com has posted stories about Maine weather, restaurant reviews . poems and more. You never know what you’ll get from this versatile writer.
There are several other blogs that seem to have fallen by the wayside that I really miss but since they are inactive or gone I can’t nominate them. 🙁
I hope you enjoy my nominations and help keep the blogging community growing.