Yesterday I lost myself and published a “rant”. I confess it felt good but I don’t know if it was the right thing to do..you know ..airing those thoughts in a public forum like that but what’s done is done. Time to get back to the fun stuff.
It’s these vacations and mini-jaunts/day trips that keep me going and positive through the turmoil of modern everyday life and I love sharing them in these pages.
So before I start to tell you my upcoming plans here are a few updates on some of the things we’ve already talked about.
1. Lally Laggy Farm: I met the proprietors of Lally Laggy Farm on my drive to New York before I went to Sedona. I sent an email to them asking to arrange the follow-up visit but have not received any reply. The email was not returned so I assume it’s not lost somewhere in cyber space. I will send a follow-up request and continue to wait.
2. RunningBrook Vineyard and Winery: This coming Sunday, July 17, Runningbroook is hosting an event: Mid-Life Crisis Band, Samplings of Middle Eastern Foods,Chef Michele will show us how to make SANGRIA!, Bring a Picnic Lunch and Join the Fun! 1-5 pm
Also coming up at Runningbrook and several other vineyards on the Coastal Wine Trail…Shakephere in the Vineyard. See their web page for details, times and dates.
3. RiverQuest: You may remember Riverquest Cruises from when I went on that very cold Bald Eagle cruise back in early March. Anyway River Quest with Captain Mark has a series of summer cruises on the Connecticut River. If anyone goes on these I can guarantee it will be warmer than my trip on March 3rd! 🙂 Here’s a sampling of the things they have on the schedule so far.
- Thursday, July 14th: Full Moon Cruise: 6:30pm to 9:00pm, $25pp
- Saturday, July 16th: Osprey Cruise: 9:30am to 12:30pm, $35pp
- Wednesday, July 20th: Cruise to Middletown: 6:00pm to 9:00pm, $30pp
- Wednesday, July 27th: Parrothead Cruise: 6:00pm to 9:00pm, $30pp
I have not been asked to share this or paid to pass along their advertising. I just like to keep you up to date with the things that I hear about once I open the door by making my first visit. Many of these things conflict with my work schedule so I won’t be able to take advantage but one of my readers might be able to go and can then let me know how they enjoy themselves!
I do want to get back to the Connecticut River this summer but my July is pretty booked up so it may have to be August even though that’s filling up quickly too! 🙂
Let me know if any of you go and of course, what kind of time you have.