A friend of mine is a college professor who works with foreign students in an ESL program. ( English as a second language). I happened to run across a quiz on Travel in the USA that is geared to the ESL student. I figured as I travel around the USA and was born here that I’d Ace the test. Ha! I won’t tell you my score but I will say it wasn’t 100.
Let me know how you do on it.:)
1) At this tourist attraction in Washington D. C. you can find Lincoln’s Bedroom, the Green room and the Red Room.
- A) The White House
- B) The Smithsonian Institute
- c) The Museum of US History
2) Which of the following is NOT a borough of New York City?
- a) Manhatten
- B) Queens
- C) Long Island
3) Which state legalized gambling in 1931
- a) California
- b) New Jersey
- c) Nevada
4) What is the smallest US state?
- a) Hawaii
- b) Rhode Island
- C) Washington D.C.
5) At this famous monument located in South Dakota, you can see the faces of four US presidents.
6) Carmel is a romantic, beach resort in __________?
- a) Florida
- b) Hawaii
- c) California
7) What is the capital of California?
- a) Los Angeles
- b) Sacramento
- c) San Francisco
8) Jazz Music comes from this city.
- a) New Orleans
- b) Atlanta
- C) New York City
9) This is the longest river in the US.
- a) The Colorado
- b) The Missouri
- c) The Mississippi
10) What State is the Grand Canyon in?
Ok now. Have you got your answers?
The correct answers are:
How’d you do?