Award Winner

WOW I am speechless! I mean it. I don’t know what to say! Blog awards…who knew!

I want to thank Patti from http://learnmoreeveryday.wordpress.com for even thinking of me. I’m so new to this blogging business that I’m still green or wet behind the  ears or a tenderfoot or any other of many names used to describe someone who is just learning the ropes.

I love http://learnmoreeveryday.wordpress.com blog. I look forward to getting my email saying there is a new post from her. Her posts have such beautiful photos and her descriptions and stories always touch me. Her Father’s Day post was especially beautiful since I lost my father many years ago. I hope her father has a speedy recovery and they have the chance for many more photo walks! I hesitate to add comments a lot of the time because they seem trivial after such heartfelt accounts. Way to go, Patti!

Now onto this award thing.:) I don’t have 15 blogs to follow. I work full-time and my blog keeps me running the rest of the time. I follow 2 blogs besides Leanmoreeveryday.wordpress.com. I wish I had time to follow more but  I will gladly tell you about these 2 and I certainly think they deserve the Versatility Award!

The first blog I found was Homestead Rambling’s. The first post was about the Civil War. About that time I was doing a blog on Lexington and Concord and the role of that area in the Revolutionary War. It seemed to just fit with the type of posts I was doing and it was so  nicely written. I subscribed immediately. Since then I see she is a very versatile writer covering many areas of interest and philosophy. She is a strong Christian writer but also makes it clear that she is down to earth as well. Love her cell phone challenges. I can so see myself in them. Her blog is http://homesteadramblings.wordpress.com/ I would award this blog the Versatile Blogger Award because of the many subjects she covers in her posts.

The other blog I really like is http://toddpack.com Now this blog can be sweet when he talks about his children, Thing 1  and Thing 2 or he may talk about bugs like fireflies/lightning bugs or more recently pay tribute to the passing of a great musician. This is an awesome blog! Again, so much versatility! That’s the award here.

There only seems to be 3 categories, The versatile Blogger, the Stylish Blogger and the irresistible Sweet Blog and it seems that the blogs I subscribe to all fall in the Versatile Blogger Category. So my congrats to them. I hope you try out their blogs!

Now the last part of the award is that the recipient has to tell 7 things not readily known about themselves. That’s a hard one to because I’m pretty much an open book and if I haven’t shared then I really didn’t want to, but let me think….

1. I turned 60 this year and finally gave in and let AARP convince me to join.
  2. I hate talking politics. I have my views and consider them personal and private so you probably won’t get too many controversial posts in that regard.
  3. Most people think of me as a cat person but I really love all animals. I chose to share my home with cats because they fit my lifestyle. In a different world I might surround myself with dogs, cats, horses, hamsters, ferrets, sheep, goats etc. (even goldfish) Maybe I should have been a zoo keeper! I admire Jungle Jack Hanna!
  4. In my younger days I loved to scuba dive and still adore the snorkeling and swimming.
  5. When I retire I want to travel the USA in an RV and see all the places I’ve missed.
  6. I like being single.
  7. I am considering getting my motorcycle license.

Well, I think that sums it up. I am honored to even be considered in the same breath with the other recipients of the award and hope you’ll check out my suggestions. Thanks again to http://learnmoreeveryday.wordpress.com!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Award Winner

1. Congratulations!! (and thank you.) It is well deserved! The pictures, information and research you share are excellent and always bring me right there with you. Way to go girl!! And. . . . getting the motorcycle license . . . it’s easy. Go for it, you won’t be sorry. It opens up a whole new world to explore. (There are classes a beginner can take and all but guarentee your license at the end, and they provide a small bike for you to use.) Enjoy your award 🙂 .

• Dusty Roads says:

Thank you! I’m still walking on air. 🙂 I found some motorcycle classes in the area. I will have cleared up some extra bills by next spring so I think that’s the best time to take the class. That way I will be in a better position to buy a bike once I pass. You can be sure everyone will be “riding” with me on that adventure.

2. Sandra says:

Congratulations Sis. I knew you were good, and now everyone else knows it too. So your going to get that motorcycle next spring. I guess we are not going to Alaska then.

• Dusty Roads says:

Well, I don’t know where you got the idea that we aren’t going to Alaska. I have it on my calendar for late August or early Sept 2012. We have to go before the end of the owrld . (Myan Predicition). I haven’t called the cruiseline yet but figured I would be doing that in the next month or two. I bought that big new camera lens for the trip.

3. Patti Ross says:

Thanks for finding the 7 items to share–not so easy, huh? I love your point about taking some time to join AARP–they are so insistent! Good luck with the motorcycle, and have fun in Alaska. It will be fun to tag along on that trip. I am eager to explore the two sites you applauded! Keep having fun!

• Dusty Roads says:

Oh those 7 items were hard ! But it was fun. I actually found that I like the AARP publications. They do have some very helpful articles as for persistance..they started on me at 49. LOL I think as I have gotten older I have begun to realize all of the things I missed by being a “nose to the grindstone, climb the corporate ladder” kind of person. I can’t say I’ve slowed down at all, just dirrected that drive in a different direction. As for Alaska, are hoping to get on a late summer cruise with a land tour of 2-3 days in Denali. That’s looking to be the most expensive vacation this budget traveler has ever undertaken. Should be one to remember.

4. We;re going to Alaska this Sept. I’d love to share with you all my “info” I’ve researched on who, what, where and when. I’ve been reading and learning and longing for Alaska since I was 7. Since you travel a lot, you may already have lots of info, I’ve just gathered bits and pieces, (ok, piles and mountains) of maps and travel guides. We are going to the Interior, renting an RV and driving from Anchorage to Fairbanks and looping around back to Anchorage on the opposite highway. With a trip into Denali. We too are on a tight budget and I’ve nosed around for the cheapest rates. One suggestion, book early. They fill up fast – almost 6-9 months ahead of time. You don’t want to do the mosquito season either!! How fun, I’m excited for you.

• Dusty Roads says:

I saw that mentioned in your post and I will be sure to watch for your experiences. I was quite excited when I saw that you were going. My sister wants a cruise. I thought about the RV option but I guess that’s not for this trip. We met some folks on our tour of the Grand Canyon that did just what you’re planning. It gives you much more freedon than a cruise but my cruise friends say it’s nice to leave it all up to someone else to plan (the cruise director). Since this is my sister’s big trip ( I had Hawaii) I’m tagging along with her. I expect we will book no later than August of this year so 12 months in advance. At the moment I think we are going with Royal Carribean for the cruise line but of course until we actually make the reservation anything can change.

5. Pingback: I have a Bacon number of 3 « Todd Pack's Messy Desk